The Microsoft Dynamics CRM customization interface has come a very long ways since its inception, but creating a lot of fields is still a very manual and time consuming process. Celedon Partners has created a simple utility that will create new fields in Microsoft Dynamics CRM reading in the metadata from an Excel file.
This utility supports:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and 2013, on-premise, on-line and Office 365.
- System and custom entities.
- All field types except lookups.
Hopefully this utility will be helpful, but we know it will not do everything. A few things are not supported (yet):
- Min / max values or string lengths (default to 200)
- Option set values
- I am sure there are other limitations as well, but those are the ones we know about
If you find things that you would like features or find issues, please let us know!
Download Celedon Partner’s Dynamics CRM Field Tool
We are releasing this under as Open Source under the Microsoft Public License. You can read the details of that here. This software is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.